Being prepared for your surgery is one of the best ways to ensure your entire experience is a positive one.
General Pre-Surgical Instructions
Unless you receive different instructions from your oral surgeon, keep the following in mind:
- DO NOT eat or drink anything 8 hours before surgery! This includes all food, drinks, water, etc. Abstain from alcoholic beverages and highly seasoned foods.
- Wear short-sleeve clothing and comfortable shoes, no flip-flops or heels.
- Our office is cold. Please bring a blanket with you if you get cold easily.
- Remove contact lenses and glasses.
- Women should not wear jewelry, facial makeup, perfume, or fingernail polish.
- YOU MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT AND THE ADULT MUST STAY FOR THE ENTIRE PROCEDURE. THE PROCEDURE WILL NOT BEGIN UNTIL THE PATIENT’S RIDE IS AT OUR OFFICE APPOINTMENT.
Be sure to talk to your oral surgeon if you currently take medications that contain aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Aleve (naproxen), ibuprofen, or Tylenol (acetaminophen); or anticoagulants such as Coumadin, Plavix, Lovenox, and Heparin.