San Antonio Zirconia Dental Implants
At San Antonio Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates, we know how important it is for our patients to have options that meet their unique oral health care needs. As part of our ongoing dedication to providing surgical treatments that utilize the highest quality, most biocompatible materials, we are proud to offer Zirconia dental implants. These biocompatible, metal-free implant posts offer a more natural, holistic tooth replacement option compared with metal implants. If you want to learn more about holistic dental implant options, call our San Antonio surgical team to schedule a dental implant consultation today. With two San Antonio locations and an office in Castroville, there’s a San Antonio Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates (SAOMSA) location near you.
What are the Benefits of Holistic Implants?
At SAOMSA, we understand the importance of whole body health and wellness in combination with oral health. Our team offers a number of oral and maxillofacial surgery options that utilize materials, techniques, and technologies to ensure optimal oral and overall health. The philosophy of care that guides these treatments is known as holistic dentistry. That simply means that, before we begin treatment, we consider the impact of any treatment on the patient’s whole body. When you choose a holistic dental implant plan, we will likely recommend using metal-free, zirconia dental implant posts. Some benefits of holistic dental implant placement and restoration plans include:
- Whole body health focus
- Improved implant placement success rate
- Longer lasting results with minimal health risk
- More comfortable tooth replacement
What Are the Benefits of the Zirconia Dental Implant?
There are many benefits to choosing zirconia implants, including:
- Appearance – for patients with thinner or lighter-colored gum tissue, the dark-colored, metal implant posts can become visible over time, impacting the appearance of your smile.
- Design – the seamless one piece implant/abutment design improves chances for successful implantation and reduces risk for bacterial colonization that often occurs between the implant and abutment. This virtually eliminate the risk for infection.
- No metal – ideal for patients with metal allergies and sensitivity, the metal-free design also eliminates corrosion risk. The reduced electrical conductivity of zirconia also minimizes bacteria growth compared with highly conductive titanium.
- Durable – long lasting and durable, zirconia is stronger than gold and other precious metals, and patients can maintain their restored smiles for decades.
- Immediate placement – following extraction, we immediately place the zirconia implant to minimize invasiveness of surgical care. Since the zirconia implant is one piece, there’s no need for an additional procedure to attach an abutment post.
- High success rates – the biocompatibility of zirconia leads to improved chances for successful osseointegration (fusion with the supportive tooth structures).
Is There a Cost Difference for Holistic & Zirconia Implants?
The zirconia dental implant posts themselves may cost slightly more than titanium implants, but the rest of the procedure will have little to no increase in cost. The benefits of zirconia far out weight the slightly higher price tag for many patients. Additionally, our team is happy to work with patients to fit the cost of their zirconia dental implants into almost any budget. We will work with insurance when possible and offer low and no interest financing through CareCredit. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you have about payment during your visit or give our team a call anytime.